D-10: Job Seeker Visa

This visa is for individuals who wish to engage in researching, technology / business start up and job seeking activities in South Korea.


You are eligible to apply for a D-10 visa if:

  • You want to engage in researching and job seeking activities in a relevant field such as E-1 Professorship, E-2 Foreign Language Instructor, E-3 Research, E-4 Technology Transfer, E-5 Professional Employment, E-6 Arts & Performances, and E-7 Special Occupation.
  • You are qualified for the item C of D-8 Corporate Investment status, preparing for a business start up.

General Documents Required

Regardless of which category you are applying for, all D-10 applicants need:

  • An application form
  • Valid passport
  • One standard size photograph
  • Fee

Additional Documents

Depending on your purpose of visa application you will need other supporting documents.

If you are a previous employee of a listed company on the Fortune’s Global 500 companies, you need:

C.V. (Proof of Employment)

Employment Seeking outline

If you are a graduate of a university listed on the Times’ Higher World University Rankings, you need:

Proof of Education

Employment Activities outline

Degree (or a document confirming that you will receive a degree in the future)

Certificate of Education or Certificate of your degree

If you are a graduate of a Korean community college or higher, you will need:

Proof of education and Transcript

Outline of seeking employment

* If your identity can be verified through immigration information system (study abroad information system), you are exempted from submitting these documents.

If you completed a research program at a Korean university, you need:

Education Certificate

Completion Certificate (A certificate indicating research topic, research period, completion results, which is issued by the head of research institution)

Employment Activity Plan

If you are admitted by the head of a diplomatic mission abroad, you require:

Documents proving that you are a talent (Proof of Education, career certificate, recommendation from the respective group or any awards or media coverage for winning a respected international or domestic competition)

Employment Activity Plan

If you are preparing for Technology and Business Startup, you need to submit:

Education Certificate

Technology/Business Startup Plan

Application Certificate ( for example: Letter of Patent, Utility Model Registration Card, Intellectual Property Right Permission)

OASIS program completion certificate or participation confirmation letter

*A single entry visa valid for 6 months will be issued to the eligible applicants at the discretion of the head of the diplomatic mission abroad. However, please remember that the head of diplomatic mission abroad may request other supplementary documents in order to examine genuineness of the invitation, purpose of entry, and qualifications of the inviter and the invitee.

Maximum Length Of Stay

You are allowed to stay for up to 6 months.

Visa Issuance Confirmation

You are not eligible to apply for the visa issuance confirmation.

Change or addition of workplace

In case of D-10 visa holders this is not applicable.

Change of status

For D-2 Study Abroad visa holder who wish to change their visa to D-10 , you need:

  • Application form
  • Passport
  • Alien Registration Card
  • Fee
  • Proof of Enrollment, Full Transcript (If your identity can be verified via the immigration information system you are exempted from submitting these documents)
  • Job-Seeking Action Plan
  • Photocopy of National Skill License

E-1 Professorship to E-7 Special Occupation visa holder who wish to change to D-10 visa need:

  • Application Form
  • Passport
  • Alien Registration Card
  • Fee
  • Job Seeking Acton plan (must include a specific type of occupation, the name of a company you wish to work at, your financial ability to pay for your living expenses in Korea)
  • Other visa holders who wish to change to D-10 visa need:
  • Application Form
  • Passport
  • Alien Registration Card
  • Fee
  • Documents proving your job seeking visa qualifications (certificate of a degree, a proof of employment or other documents proving education and career)

For changing to Technology and Business Startup status, you need:

  • Application Form
  • Passport
  • Alien Registration Card
  • Fee
  • Proof of Final Education Level (Bachelor’s degree or higher)
  • Technology and Business Startup Plan
  • Photocopy of Application and Application Receipt for Patent Card, Utility Model Registration Card and Design Registration Card
  • OASIS Certificate or Confirmation of OASIS Enrollment

Extension of stay

Depending on the visa category an extension of up to 1 or 2 years can be granted.

Up to 2 years extension: for a person who earned a bachelor’s degree or higher at a Korean university, a person who has a national technical license or who earned an associate degree at a Korean community college with a GPA of 2.5 or higher, a person who has at least 1-year experience at one of companies listed on the FORTUNE’s Global 500, a person who is a graduate of one of the top 200 universities listed on the TIMES Higher World University Rankings, a person who either has or apply for a Patent Right, Utility Model Right, or Design Right and a person who has scored 50 points more on the Points-Based System for business startup immigration.

Up to 1 year extension for other community college graduate, Ph.D degree holder.

Required documents

  • Application form
  • Valid passport
  • Alien Registration Card
  • Fee
  • Job seeking plan (including job seeking or business startup preparation activities in the past 6 months and future plans)
  • A national technical license or transcript (only for persons who earned an associate degree at a Korean community college)
  • Proof of residency (i.e. Lease contract, confirmation of provided residence, a utility bill payment for any public services, receipt of university housing fee and others.)

Re-Entry Permit

Individuals on D-10visa are exempted from re-entry permit if they plan to return to Korea within 1 year from the departure date or If less than 1 year is left in the period of sojourn.

Alien Registration Card

Since D-10 visa is valid for more than 90 days, you must apply for an Alien Registration at your local Immigration Office within 90 days of your arrival.

For further information or questions regarding please visit the Korean immigration website: www.hikorea.go.kr or visit you nearest Korean Embassy or Consulate.

Leave a Reply