Job seeking visa, D-10

The D10 visa is for those that has completed their contract, or got laid off, or even quit. It gives you 6 months to find a new job, though you may not leave the country for more than 90 days.

You will have to turn in your old ARC, and wait about 2 weeks to receive your new one. When you apply for your d-10 job seeking visa, you will have to submit the following things. You will have to go to your local immigration office, to apply for the visa.

  • Alien Registration Card
  • Passport
  • 2 Passport sized photos
  • Letter of release
  • Current bank statement (To prove you can support yourself)
  • Proof of Residency Form (Friends address will usually suffice)
  • Plans for seeking employment
  • Application Form (Marlk “Change of status of Sojurn”)
  • 130,000 KRW fee in cash
  • Previous employer’s contract

You can start applying for new jobs right away, though if you want to leave Korea before you get your new ARC. You will have to take copies of your current ARC before you leave, front and back, as well as getting a Certificate of Residency. The Certificate of Residency you will have to get at immigration, it’s a 2,000 KRW fee, but it will allow you to leave Korea before you get your new ARC. As well as a new health check, which you can get at your local gu office.


Once you’ve found your new job, you will have to go back to the same immigration office, as the one where you got your D-10 Job seeking visa. Here is where the d-10 visa makes life a lot easier, as you don’t have to resubmit all the papers to transfer to a visa.


To transfer to an E-2 visa, you will need a few documents.

  • Passport
  • Alien Registration Card
  • Application Form
  • Contract from your new employer
  • Copy of School Establishment & Operation Registration
  • Copy of Business Registration
  • Letter of Guarentee
  • 130,000 KRW cash.

While you’re on your D-10 job seeking visa, there are some things which you are not allowed to do, and things that you no longer get.

You’re not allowed to work, you don’t have health insurance and there’s no pension refund.

Leave a Reply