Working Holiday Visa, H1

If your country is on the list of 22 countries, you are able to obtain the working holiday visa for Korea

The working holiday is for those, that want to work and travel in Korea for a year or less. As the visa will let you stay, for up to one year in Korea. You will only be able, to get the working holiday visa once in your life. So if you’re planning on staying in Korea for more than a year, the working holiday visa isn’t for you.

The countries which residents can obtain the working holiday visa are.:

Australia, Austria, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Sweden, Taiwan, United Kingdom, Israel, Portugal, Netherlands, Belgium, USA and Chile

The requirements to for the working holiday visa are:

  • You must be a citizen of one of the above listen countries
  • Intend to primarily holiday in Korea, and engage in employment to supplement your travel expenses
  • Aged between 18 and 30
  • Be without an accompanying dependent
  • Have a return ticket or sufficient funds
  • Have sufficient funds for your stay
  • Touring schedule and tour activities.
  • Valid passport
  • Health insurance to cover your stay

When you apply for the visa, you will have to do it in the country of your residence. As it’s not possible to do it, in a country where you don’t reside such as with other visas.

To apply you will have to visit the Korean embassy, or a Korean consulate in the country where you reside. When you apply you will have to meet, all of the above listed requirements. As well as having the form filled out, which you can get at the Korean embassy or consulate.

There are some limits on which kinds of jobs you can take, with your working holiday visa. Such as employment as an entertainer, teacher, professional jobs such as doctor, professor, lawyer etc.

But you will be able to work jobs such as, restaurant staff, sales assistant, freelance jobs not requiring a professional license or skill, factory worker, cleaner, hotel/guesthouse staff etc.


Leave a Reply